Guitar Fretwork Mastery Part 2 is available exclusively to members of The Luthier’s EDGE
Guitar Fretwork Mastery Part 2:
Fret Leveling, Crowning, & Polishing
What Is “Guitar Fretwork Mastery Part 2”?
Guitar Fretwork Mastery Part 2 is the second installment of a multipart online video course which along with Fretwork Mastery Part 1 is designed to help you deliver better playing, more stable, and more consistent fretwork on your guitars.
- Preparation & Installation: Part 1 focuses solely on the preparation of the neck, fingerboard, fret slots, and frets; as well as the special techniques for installing the frets themselves.
- Leveling, Crowning & Polishing: Part 2 focuses on leveling the frets with a compound radius technique, accurate fret crowning, and how to polish the frets and fret ends for a flawless look and feel.
- Go Beyond Step-By-Step: The course is carefully and thoughtfully laid out to help you improve the fret work on your next guitar by going beyond just the typical step-by-step instruction, and explaining in simple terms the forces at play behind the scenes.
- Improve Your Fretwork: By gaining a deeper understanding “WHY” as well as learning time-tested techniques and secrets, you’ll be empowered and better equipped to more easily and precisely prepare and install one of the most important parts of your guitar – THE FRETS.
Add “Great Fretwork” To The List of Freatures On Your Next Guitar!
“If you’ve been building guitars for any length of time you probably know that the quality of the fretwork can make or break your guitar.
Even though your guitar might sound amazing, if your fretwork is NOT absolutely perfect, the great sound doesn’t really matter! The player won’t feel comfortable and it won’t become his favorite guitar.
I created this new course to give you my tricks, techniques, and secrets that I spent many years developing and perfecting, and that I still use on my guitars today with great results.
With these same techniques that I will be showing you, I have been able to meet and surpass my client’s expectations consistently from guitar to guitar, year after year, and even beat the PLEK on three different guitars tested over a three year period!
Here’s just a few things you will be learning in part 2 of this course:
- Fretwork Tools: We start by discussing each tool you need to do great fretwork with a focus on the specific tools used in the course.
- Compound Radius: Then I show you my secrets for easily executing a perfect compound radius and discuss its importance in obtaining the best playability for your guitar.
- Fret Crowning & Polishing: Next I reveal my systems for maximizing the beauty and feeling of the frets while preserving the perfect playing surface.
- And Much More: There is so much more that I can’t cover it all here…
I believe this will be a lot of fun and will help you build better and more playable guitars!“- Tom Bills – Master Luthier
Course Outline: Fretwork Mastery Part 2
Section #1: Introduction, Tools & Set Up
Section #2: Fret Ends – Cleaning & Prep
Section #3: Fret Leveling
Section #4: Fret Crowning
Section #5: Fret Polishing
Section #6: Final Touches
Want To Learn Techniques To Do Better Fret Work?
Quickly & Easily Learn How To Improve the fretwork, Playability, & Set-up Of Your Next Guitar.
Mobile Friendly Videos To View Anytime Anyplace